Wedding Calligraphy Workshop
August 6, 2019
A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of attending a Beginner Brush Calligraphy workshop hosted by Mixbook and Gillian Ellis of Coastal Bride. The class was led by Dawn Nicole Calligraphy. At this hands-on workshop we learned how to hand letter, and come up with design elements based on our personal style. Dawn walked us through how to create lettering elements that we can use to design cards for any special event. Everyone was sent home with Tombow pens – so now there is no excuse not to practice!
Tips & Tricks:
1. To get started you need a few basics: paper, pencils, markers, and rulers
2. Paper Matters! The best paper is HP Premium Choice Laserjet Paper
3. Best Beginner Book for Hand Lettering: Creative Lettering and Beyond
4. Sketch in pencil (you’ll do a lot of erasing)
5. The Best Pen for Newbies: the Tombow Fude
6. Practice makes progress!
Mixbook Wedding Sampler Kit with a special offer
The latest issue of Charleston Weddings magazine
Mixbook Stationery Kit
A comfy & cozy t-shirt
An exclusive graphic print by Dawn Nicole
A mini bottle of champagne from Le Grand Courtage